Happy Read a Road Map Day.
Happy Read a Transit Map Day!
We rode the New York City Subway at least once a day for seven years, and the ABCD Express 145th Station was our main launch point.
Public Transportation is…
- A Stress Reducer… although rush-hour on the D train is a different story.
- Safer. Compared to driving it’s 20 times safer to take the train and 60 times safer to take the bus!
- Cheaper. No car payments, gas money, parking fees, speeding tickets, etc.
- Exercise. Transit users get 3 times as much physical activity as drivers.
- Reading Time. Snuggling into a stinky packed train full of complete strangers isn’t so bad when you can escape in a good book.
- Helping Us Breathe. Air pollution cases as many deaths as traffic accidents.
Save the Planet and Ride the Train!
Safety First: ALWAYS stay with an adult at the library or on the train.
Visiting NYC? Start with these great articles!