Pretty Pretty Pineapple Upside Down Cake
It’s the coconut milk batter and baked pineapple brown sugar glaze that makes this a divine vegan dessert that looks as good as it tastes. 15 minutes prep + 30 minutes in the oven.
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 4 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1/2 medium pineapple cored and cut into thin slices.
- 1 cup of cherries pitted and sliced.
For the Cake:
- 1 2/3 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350º. Coat the bottom and sides of a 9 inch round cake pan with melted coconut oil. Sprinkle with brown sugar and arrange pineapple slices evenly along the bottom.
- Mix flour, sugar, brown baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large mixing bowl. Stir in pineapple juice, coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla, and a squeeze of lemon. Stir until thick and thoroughly blended without over mixing.
- Pour batter into pineapple lined cake pan smoothing out the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (25-30 minutes.)
- Remove from oven and flip it upside down onto plate. Decorate with cherries and serve.
Peanut Peanut Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
This flavorful Protein Smoothie hits the spot after a good work out. It’s easy, vegan and delicious at any age.
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter (or try PBfit)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 banana
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups ice
- 1 scoop Pea Protein Powder
Place the spinach, banana, hemp seeds, and peanut butter in a blender. (We prefer Ninja).
Add water, ice, and milk. Blend until ingredients are combined.
Add cacao and protein powder. Blend slowly. Once combined, blend at high speed until smooth.
Pour and serve. Makes 2 servings.
When adding ingredients to a blender, aim for the center to avoid the dry ingredients sticking to the sides.